Describe an island you would like to visit
Describe an island you would like to visit IELTS Speaking Cue Card
In this lesson from simply IELTS, you will know how to Describe an island you would like to visit band 9 IELTS Speaking Cue Card part 2 and part 3 follow up questions.
Describe an island you would like to visit IELTS Cue Card
You should say
- what is it?
- where is it?
- why you choose that island?
Band 9 Model Answer to Describe an island you would like to visit IELTS Cue Card
An island that I would love to visit is Bora Bora, which is located in French Polynesia, in the Pacific Ocean. It’s known for its crystal clear waters, white sandy beaches, and stunning overwater bungalows.
What draws me to Bora Bora is its natural beauty. The island is surrounded by a stunning turquoise lagoon that is teeming with marine life, making it a popular spot for snorkeling and scuba diving. The island is also home to lush tropical forests and majestic mountains, which offer a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and ATV tours.
Another reason why I want to visit Bora Bora is for the luxury resorts that are located on the island. These resorts offer an array of luxurious amenities such as overwater bungalows, private beaches, and spas. This would be a perfect place to unwind and relax, surrounded by natural beauty and luxury.
In addition to that, the culture of French Polynesia is fascinating to me and I would love to experience it firsthand. From the traditional Polynesian dances and music to the local art and crafts, I think it would be an incredibly enriching experience.
In summary, the natural beauty, luxury resorts, and cultural experiences make Bora Bora an ideal destination for me.
Answer key points
- Bora Bora is located in French Polynesia
- Known for its crystal clear waters, white sandy beaches, and stunning overwater bungalows
- Popular for snorkeling, scuba diving and outdoor activities
- Also offer luxury resorts and cultural experiences
Difficult words related to Describe an island you would like to visit
|turquoise||a greenish-blue color|
|lagoon||a body of salt water separated from the sea by a coral reef or sandbar|
|teeming||be full of something|
|lush||having an abundance of vegetation|
|tropical||relating to the equator or the tropics|
|majestic||having or showing impressive beauty or scale|
|overwater||built on stilts above the surface of water|
|array||a large or varied range of something|
|luxurious||offering great comfort and elegance|
|unwind||relax after a period of work or tension|
|enriching||enhancing or improving the quality or value of something|
Other Ideas to answer this cue card
- The Galapagos Islands, located in Ecuador, known for its unique and diverse wildlife and marine life, and its role in Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution.
- The Maldives, located in the Indian Ocean, known for its crystal clear waters, coral reefs and luxury overwater resorts
- The island of Bali in Indonesia, known for its beautiful beaches, temples, culture, and surf spots
- The island of Santorini in Greece, known for its white-washed buildings, stunning sunsets and rich history
- The island of Capri in Italy, known for its picturesque villages, luxurious lifestyle, and stunning coastal views
- The island of Maui in Hawaii, known for its diverse landscape, including beaches, rainforests, and volcanic landscapes
- The island of Tahiti in French Polynesia, known for its black sand beaches, traditional Polynesian culture, and beautiful waterfalls
- The island of Ko Phi Phi in Thailand, known for its beautiful beaches, limestone cliffs, and crystal clear waters
- The island of Lord Howe in Australia, known for its natural beauty, including beaches, coral reefs, and rare bird species
- The island of Madagascar, known for its unique wildlife, including lemurs, and diverse landscapes including rainforests, deserts, and beaches.
Speaking Part 3 Follow-Up Questions to Describe an island you would like to visit
Here are a few potential follow-up questions for Part 3 of the IELTS speaking exam related to the topic of an island you would like to visit:
- Describe something about an island?
- One thing that I find particularly interesting about islands is the unique biodiversity that they often have. Because islands are isolated from the mainland, they often have a different variety of plants and animals that have evolved separately from those on the mainland. This can make for some fascinating natural landscapes and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Have you visited an island in your past life?
- No, I have not visited Bora Bora in my past life, but I would love to visit in the future for its natural beauty, luxury resorts, and cultural experiences.
- When and why you went there?
- I have not yet been to Bora Bora, but I hope to visit in the future because of its stunning turquoise lagoon, lush tropical forests, and luxury resorts. I would also like to experience the culture of French Polynesia firsthand through traditional Polynesian dances, music, and art.