Describe an exciting book that you enjoy reading IELTS Cue Card
In this lesson from simply ielts, you will know how to Describe an exciting book that you enjoy reading IELTS Cue Card part 2 with band 9 answer and part 3 follow up questions.
Describe an exciting book that you enjoy reading IELTS Cue Card
You should say:
- When you read it
- What kind of book it is
- What is about
- And explain why you think it is exciting
Band 9 Model Answer
An exciting book that I enjoyed reading is “The Hunger Games,” a dystopian science fiction novel by Suzanne Collins. I read this book several years ago, and it immediately grabbed my attention and kept me engaged from start to finish.
“The Hunger Games” is the first book in a trilogy, and it is set in a post-apocalyptic society in which a ruthless government forces young people to participate in a brutal and deadly annual event known as the Hunger Games. The story follows a young woman named Katniss Everdeen, who volunteers to take her sister’s place in the Hunger Games and fights for survival in a world where the odds are stacked against her.
What I love about “The Hunger Games” is the way it combines a fast-paced and thrilling plot with complex and well-developed characters. The story is full of action, suspense, and emotion, and it kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. I also appreciated the way the book explores themes of power, oppression, and the will to survive, and the way it raises important questions about the human condition.
Overall, I think “The Hunger Games” is an exciting and engaging book that is well worth reading. It has stayed with me long after I finished it, and I think it is a testament to the power of storytelling and the human spirit.
Here are the difficult words from the previous answer, along with their definitions:
|Dystopian||Describing a society or place that is very unpleasant, often because it is controlled by a government that is oppressive or corrupt|
|Science fiction||A type of fiction that deals with imaginative and futuristic concepts such as advanced science and technology, space exploration, and life on other planets|
|Post-apocalyptic||Describing a society or world that has experienced a major disaster or catastrophe|
|Ruthless||Having no pity or compassion for others|
|Brutal||Very violent and cruel|
|Thrilling||Exciting and stimulating|
|Suspense||A feeling of uncertainty or excitement about what is going to happen next|
|Emotion||A strong feeling such as love, anger, or fear|
|Power||The ability to control or influence others|
|Oppression||The act of treating someone unfairly and keeping them down, especially by the use of force or power|
|Human condition||The characteristics, emotions, and experiences that are common to all people.|
Another Model Answer to Describe an exciting book that you enjoy reading IELTS Cue Card
● I read a ton of books.
● However, the absolute first book that I read is additionally one that I actually appreciate perusing a ton.
● It is as a matter of fact the main book of the Harry Potter series, ‘Harry Potter and the Logician’s Stone’.
● It was talented to me by my mom on my tenth birthday celebration.
● Initially, I was truly frantic at her, since I needed an as of late delivered computer game
● She disclosed to me that she would get me the computer game also however in the event that I gave the book a possibility first.
● So, I hesitantly got the book and begun perusing.
● I read only 10 pages and I was snared.
● I recall that I utilized the word put down able to depict the book to one of my companions, a couple of days after the fact.
● I began at 9 PM around evening time and I at last rested at 7 AM the following morning in the wake of
completing the last page.
● Fortunately, it was the late spring excursion or my folks would have removed the book from me around evening time and made me head to sleep.
● Harry Potter needs no presentation – it is an anecdote about enchantment, an account of good versus evil.
● However, as far as I might be concerned, it is additionally a story about growing up.
● It is an anecdote about a kid turning into a man.
● Everything about the book is great, the world setting, the characterization, the wizardry framework.
● More than that, the book isn’t anxious about pulling punches.
● When the hero falls into a pit, he doesn’t come out sound, he gets injured actually like a typical individual.
● Good characters bite the dust, they lose, and the way to triumph is certifiably not a straight one.
● Every dream book is about acceptable versus evil, however the intriguing books are those, where you can’t foresee what might occur straightaway and Harry Potter is perhaps the best illustration of that.
● And eventually, it would consistently be the book that got me into the propensity for perusing.
● So, it will consistently hold a unique spot in my heart.
● Even now I haphazardly get the book one time per month and read two three parts.
● And I don’t have the foggiest idea why however there is continually something I feel that I hadn’t read
Follow-Up Questions to Describe an exciting book that you enjoy reading
- Do you prefer books or movies?
I figure motion pictures can never catch the detail and the feelings that books can. In this way, I generally favor perusing books to watching films. However at that point once more, it’s difficult to figure out how to understand books. Thus, at times I actually watch motion pictures.
- Do you think it is important to read the book before watching the movie version of it?
Actually no, not actually. Some film variations are great. A ton of my companions haven’t read the Round of Privileged position series, yet they actually partook in the television variation. Eventually, it’s the individual’s inclination and accessibility of time.
- Do boys and girls like the same kinds of books?
I have seen a few contrasts in the magazines young men and young ladies read. For instance, I have seen a great deal of young ladies perusing design magazines and infrequently on account of young men. Nonetheless, on account of books, I don’t think there is a specific distinction.
- What kind of books do Indian people like to read?
I figure perusing inclination doesn’t rely on ethnicity. It relies on close to home inclination and the actual book. For instance, Harry Potter is renowned everywhere, in light of the fact that it is a breathtaking book.
I think it was intended for youngsters, however, I have seen a ton of grown-ups calling themselves Potter head.
Read this article as a pdf file:
Related Cue Cards: