Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in
Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in IELTS Cue Card
In this lesson from simply IELTS, you will know how to Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in band 9 IELTS Speaking Cue Card part 2 and part 3 follow up questions.
Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in IELTS Cue Card
You should say
- Where it is?
- How you knew it?
- How often you go there?
- What you do there?
- And explain why you like the place?
Band 9 Model Answer with related vocabulary
. I discovered this park several years ago when I was out for a walk, and I have been returning there regularly ever since.
The park is located in a residential area, and it is surrounded by trees and gardens, which gives it a peaceful and serene atmosphere. There are several benches and tables scattered throughout the park, and there is also a small pond with ducks and other birds.
I usually visit the park once or twice a week, and I enjoy spending time there reading, writing, or just relaxing and enjoying the natural surroundings. The park is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life, and I find that it helps me to clear my mind and recharge my batteries.
One of the things I like most about this park is the sense of community that it fosters. I often see the same people there, and we often exchange friendly greetings or have casual conversations. It is a nice feeling to be part of a small community of people who appreciate the peace and quiet of the park.
Overall, I think the park is a wonderful place to spend time, and it is one of my favorite places to relax and unwind. I hope to be able to continue visiting there for many years to come.
Related Vocabulary with meaning
Here are the difficult words from the previous answer, along with their definitions:
|Residential||Relating to the area or places where people live|
|Serene||Calming and peaceful|
|Atmosphere||The overall feeling or mood of a place or situation|
|Pond||A small, artificial lake|
|Hustle and bustle||The busy, noisy, and energetic activity that is characteristic of a place or situation|
|Clear||Free from confusion, doubt, or uncertainty|
|Recharge||To restore energy or strength to|
|Foster||To encourage or promote the development of something|
|Community||A group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common|
|Unwind||To relax after a period of work or activity.|
Another Band 9 Model Answer to Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in IELTS Cue Card
- It is extremely challenging to track down calm spots in the quick moving existence of today.
- Notwithstanding, I might want to discuss where I go frequently and I discover incredible harmony there.
- The spot I’m alluding to is a Sikh sanctuary in my old neighborhood, Gurdwara Sukhchainana Sahib.
- I go there one time per week, in some cases with family and once in a while with companions.
- Once in a while we stroll to the gurdwara, and in some cases we pass via vehicle. It is around 3 km from my home.
- It is away from the fundamental street, so it is exceptionally peaceful there.
- At whatever point I go there, I do circumambulation of the blessed book inside the principle lobby, and pay respect to the all-powerful.
- There is a very much kept up with fishpond in the gurdwara, which has numerous types of fish.
- I simply sit on the means of the lake and pay attention to the blessed serenades going on constantly there.
- It gives me incredible true serenity.
- In some cases I take some bread from home and feed the fish.
- There are two catfish among the other many, who appear to talk me.
- I realize it is all my creative mind, yet I love it around there.
- I feel that the beat of life has dialed back a little.
- It is so unwinding to watch the developments of the fish in the water.
- This movement removes all the physical and mental sluggishness away from my body.
- I feel exceptionally cheerful after that.
- Despite the fact that there is consistently an incredible surge in this sanctuary, yet one can discover harmony and calm around there.
- Now and again, I offer willful administrations locally kitchen around there.
- Free food is presented to the whole gang locally kitchen and this assistance is nonstop.
- I by and large go there on ends of the week and go through a decent two hours around there.
Other Ideas you ca add to describe a quite place you like to spend your time in
Here are a few additional ideas that you could consider adding to your cue card:
- The history or background of the quiet place. For example, if it is a park, you could mention when it was established, who designed it, or any interesting stories or events associated with it.
- The natural features or attractions of the place. For example, you could describe the types of plants, animals, or landscapes that can be found there.
- Any personal memories or experiences that you associate with the place. For example, you could mention a special moment that you shared with a friend or family member, or an event that had a significant impact on you.
- Any activities or hobbies that you enjoy doing at the place. For example, you could mention if you like to paint, write, or do yoga there.
- Any sensory details or impressions that you get when you visit the place. For example, you could describe the smells, sounds, or colors that you encounter there.
Speaking Part 3 Follow-Up Questions to Describe a quiet place you like to spend your time in
- Is it difficult to come by calm spots in urban communities?
Indeed, it’s extremely difficult to come by calm spots in urban areas these days as a result of expanding urbanization and vehicles in the city. I imagine that is one of the significant reasons individuals go on excursions. Tragically, places of interest are much more swarmed.
- Why is it calmer in the open country?
The fundamental explanation is the absence of traffic and ventures in urban areas. Additionally, there is a ton of plant life which assimilates commotion instead of reflecting it.
- Why do individuals go to calm spots?
I think the fundamental explanation is so that can think calmly and focus on their work. Commotion is diverting and it additionally diminishes our proficiency.
- Contrasted and youngsters, do elderly individuals like to live in calm spots?
I think both the old and youthful lean toward calm places yet youngsters can’t partake in the advantage of living in calm spots like the field as they can’t land great positions there.
- Why do certain dislike calm spots?
Certain individuals don’t care for calm spots since they need fun and skip around surrounding them. They need movement and commotion surrounding them.
- Do you know other calm spots?
There are many calm spots in the open country. A large number of my companions live in towns.
At whatever point I go to their homes, there is no commotion of traffic, and you can hear the twittering of the birds and the stirring of leaves, which is exceptionally relieving to the ears.
- Do you need a calm spot when you are working?
Indeed, I do see the value in a calm spot when I’m working, yet lamentably, it isn’t generally conceivable. So I have used to some measure of commotion around me.
- Why do individuals jump at the chance to invest energy in calm spots?
Individuals like to invest energy in calm spots in light of the fact that occasionally they need to be with themselves, then, at that point they go to sanctuaries or calm places, and feel soothed of their pressure.
- Do you know any individual who preferences clamor?
I have numerous companions who like paying attention to uproarious music. They say that it kills the foundation commotion of the vehicle
Recent Bar Chart Samples: