Describe a time when you are waiting for something special that would happen
In this lesson from simply ielts, you will know how to Describe a time when you are waiting for something special that would happen IELTS Speaking Cue Card part 2 with band 9 answer and part 3 follow up questions.
Describe a time when you are waiting for something special that would happen IELTS Cue Card
You should say
- What you waited for
- Where you waited
- Why it was special
- And explain how you felt when you were waiting
Model Answer to Describe a time when you are waiting for something special that would happen IELTS Cue Card
● During the pandemic we as a whole needed to remain inside
● There were no friendly social affairs
● My sister had got occupied with 2019 and we were enthusiastically sitting tight for her wedding
● My cousins and I had made arrangements for Sangeet, a function with dance and melodies
● Suddenly, the public authority restricted all get-togethers.
● My father recommended that we could have a calm wedding in the court.
● The idea was neither adequate to me nor the spouse’s family
● My mother thought of a thought that we proceed with the court marriage and later we could celebrate with all ceremony and show.
● After the court marriage we hung tight for a very long time.
● Once the guidelines were loose, we as a whole began planning for the incredible day
● My father booked a marriage royal residence for the incredible occasion
● It was troublesome booking the marriage royal residence on the grounds that many individuals had been trusting
that things will unwind to praise their family capacities.
● But by one way or another, we got the date following 15 days
● My cousins and I began planning for the moves which we needed to do at the wedding
● Those 15 days were loaded with fun and delight and we were practicing more often than not
● I even shown a couple of steps to my mum and father so they could likewise perform on the stage briefly
● My sister additionally pre-arranged a performance dance execution
● One of my aunties is a generally excellent artist and she arranged every one of the moves for us
● Finally, the extraordinary day came, and I recollect it was so brimming with happiness that everybody appreciated
● Although the conditions had loose, we were as yet permitted just a decent number of visitors
● We shared the recordings of the moves and the extraordinary party via web-based media.
● I recollect large numbers of our contacts were exceptionally irate with us later for not having welcomed them
● Ultimately, they all comprehended and understood that we were likewise limited by the principles and couldn’t break them
● I just wish this pandemic circumstance disappears for the last time
● So, this was the extraordinary thing that I sat tight for excitedly Another thought
● Well, I’m an exceptionally anxious individual, and I truly disdain it when I need to hang tight for something for quite a while.
● But today I might want to discuss one extraordinary event when I might have stood by until the end of time.
● It was during the previous summer when my sister was honored with a child young lady, and it was perhaps the best snapshot of my life.
● My sister was expecting her child toward the finish of June, yet I surmise the child had various plans and she was brought into the world in the principal seven day stretch of July.
● I was truly amped up for this is on the grounds that I planned to turn into an uncle without precedent for my life.
● As per the specialist’s recommendation, we got my sister conceded to the neighborhood clinic on the sixth of July, and my niece was brought into the world on the morning of seventh July.
● I held up the whole night outside the medical clinic, and I was extremely energized and restless simultaneously.
● In truth, everyone in the family was interested whether it would be a kid or a young lady, however I simply needed the child and mother to be sound as it was during the Coronavirus time frame.
● My sister was in the work space for very nearly 5-6 hours, which to me felt like an unending length of time.
● Finally, when we got the uplifting news from the specialist, I expressed gratitude toward God and complimented and embraced everybody around me.
● My father and brother by marriage brought desserts for everybody, and we could see grinning faces all over the place.
● It was a unique day since holding my niece interestingly and taking a gander at how little she was brought bittersweet tears bliss at me.
● Also, my sister chose to name her Prisha, which implies God’s gift, and it was a name proposed by me.
● Prisha is one year old now and she has recently begun to walk.
● I love her a ton and the day she was conceived was one of the most joyful days of my life.
Speaking Part 3 Follow-Up Questions to Describe a time when you are waiting for something special that would happen
- On what occasions do you need to wait?
I think that holding up is a major piece of our day to day existence, and we need to hang tight for a large number of the circumstances in our day to day existence.
It very well may be the point at which we are meeting somebody, when we request food at a café or when we need to go by open vehicle.
As a general rule, if the circumstance or the assignment requires at least two individuals to finish it, then, at that point the holding up calculate kicks naturally.
- Who behaves better when waiting children or adults?
I think grown-ups have more persistence with regards to holding up on the grounds that they are more adult and from their past experience they realize that a few things merit the pause.
Then again, kids need everything with the snap of a catch and need tolerance.
- Compared to the past people less patient now, why?
Yes, people nowadays have less patience because technology has made everything much faster and more comfortable for them. People want things to be done faster now that they can buy food online and have it delivered to their homes in less than 30 minutes.
However, this makes them impatient since they become irritated when they have to wait for something that they believe can be done in a shorter length of time.
- what are the positive and negative effects of waiting on society?
On the plus side, I believe it aids in the development of patience in people and makes society more accepting. It demonstrates that people care about others when they are prepared to wait for them.
From a negative standpoint, I believe that waiting can have disastrous consequences at times. If we have to wait a long time for an ambulance, for example, the effects can be lethal.
Second, sitting in offices or other places for prolonged amounts of time might reduce productivity.
Read this article as a pdf file:
Related Cue Cards: