A process of making a storage area Recent IELTS Academic writing task 1 10/11/2022
In this article, simply IELTS website will provide all IELTS candidates with the most recent IELTS writing task 1 exam which appeared on 10 November 2022 with band 8 answer.
The diagram shows a process of making a storage area from a material called concrete canvas IELTS writing task 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The diagram shows a process of making a storage area from a material called concrete canvas.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Academic online Course
- How to write an introduction to IELTS Writing Task 1 (Academic)?
Band 8 answer
The process illustrates how a storage area is constructed from concrete canvas. Overall, there are 8 stages in this process, starting with manufacturing concrete canvas, followed by constructing a repository from the canvas and finally ending with this place being put into use for storage.
In the first step, concrete canvas is manufactured from three different materials. The surface is made from a fibrous substance while the bottom layer is designed for waterproofing and dry concrete is utilized in the middle. Subsequently, the concrete canvas is transported to a new location where the canvas will be unwrapped.
In the next stage, the concrete canvas is tied to one end of a rope and the other end is fastened to a truck. The truck moves slowly to drag the cloth until the length of the canvas is 10 meters and pegs are inserted into its four corners to fix it on the ground. Following that, air is pumped into the canvas by a machine to inflate it to a height of 8 meters and a door is installed in front of the tent. After that, water is sprayed onto the canvas to solidify it. Finally, it takes about 20-24 hours to allow the interior to set before the concrete canvas tent is ready to be used for storage purposes.
(Word count: 218)
A process of making a storage area Task analysis
- There are eight steps in this process, beginning with the manufacture of concrete canvas and ending with the storage area ready for use
Analyzing the body paragraphs of the exam,
- this task can be divided into 3 big stages:
- creating concrete canvas,
- returning concrete canvas to the ground &
- creating a storage,
- In body 1 paragraph will write the first 2 stages, and in body 2 will write stage 3
- Body 1: 2 first stages (create concrete canvas, return concrete canvas to the ground)
- Stage 1:
- The process begins with the manufacture of the concrete canvas in 3 layers: a waterproof layer underneath, a dry concrete layer in the middle and a fibrous top layer.
- Once the layered products are delivered to the site in a truck, the concrete canvas is then unpacked
- Stage 2:
- The concrete canvas is spread on the ground, and pulled open by rope
- The canvas is then pulled open on the ground with a stretch of 10 meters before being nailed with pegs
- Stage 1:
- Body 2: stage 3
- This concrete canvas is in the form of a tent. It has a door at one end, and an air pump at the other end to inflate the concrete canvas, making a dome shape.
- This is followed by the watering step which, increasing the tent to a height of 8 meters
- Prior to storing any goods and items, the canvas-made structure undergoes a setting step which lasts from 20 to 24 hours