Personal Data – any information related to a specific person identification.
Processing – any operation which is performed on the Personal Data.
Child – any one who is under 16 years.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – refers to our site simplyielts.com.
Data Protection Principles
We promise our visitors to follow these data protection issues:
- Processing is limited, fair, vivid. Our Processing activities have legal background. We consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. You can request for any information about processing your data.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities is limited to the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is usually done with the least data. We only gather and Process the highly demanded Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is a time limited operation. We will keep your personal data for the shortest time as we can.
- We will do our best to keep your data secured.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the complete right to ask if your Personal Data processed or not; what type of data is collected, from where it is obtained and by whom and why it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Account and purchase information
On our site you can purchase software licenses and packages which you can download after purchase.
For sending you a license key and a link to the software download we collect your mail address. We also collect your full name, billing and home address for creating and sending you an invoice document via mail and for downloading it from our website
We create an account on our website for the first purchase you make. This account is connected to your mail address and contains licensing information and a history of your purchases and license activity. For instance, the licensing activity tracks on which sites you have activated the software you purchased from us.
We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
We store this information on our own servers.
We are legally obligated to store this information for 10 years.
You can request the removal of your account information after 10 years of your last purchase and inactivity of your account.
Communications & Support Requests
We are using Help Scout to handle user support requests which can be send from the contact form on our website and to the mail address support [at] simplyielts.com. We use this service to have all support requests in one place and to be able to look for similar requests from previous conversations.
The operating company address is
Help Scout Inc.
131 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111-1338
We may communicate with you directly via mail without using Help Scout, which means that your mail request is stored on our computer systems.
We may use additional services like Twitter or Facebook to communicate with you if you start a communication with us using one of these services.
Their usage is not necessary to get in contact with us or to use our services or products.
You are bound to the privacy policies of external services if you use them to get in contact with us.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history.
This information is used for security purposes and to prevent fraudulent attempts or transactions. This information are also stored for a better customer experience.
When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged for security reasons as well.
You can request this data or its removal. Your request can be limited by legal obligation and depends on the nature of the appropriate data.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
We are using external services to process your support requests which you can send us from our contact formular.
We are using external services to process your payment. These services store the information you give them either on their sites or from the contact formula on our website.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 10 years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data?
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
Our processing partners and connected third parties:
- Mail handling by domainfactory
Our mailservers are hosted by Domainfactory and are located in germany.
Mails that are send to us are stored on those servers .The company address of Domainfactory is:domainfactory GmbH
- Paypal Payment
You can choose paypal as payment processor in our shop. With your purchase we automatically transmit the data of the data subject to Paypal. By selecting this payment option, you agree to the transfer of personal data required for payment processing.The personal data transferred to paypal is first name, last name, address, email address, ip address and other data necessary for payment processing.The company address of paypal europe isPayPal Europ S.à.r.l. & Cie. S.C.A.
22-24 Boulevard Royal
- Stripe Payment
If you choose credit card payments in our online shop we use Stripe as payment processor. We automatically transmit the data of the data subject to Stripe. By selecting this payment option, you agree to the transfer of personal data required for payment processing. The personal data transferred to stripe is first name, last name, address, email address, ip address and other data necessary for payment processing.The company address of Stripe isStripe
185 Berry Street, Suite 550
San Francisco, CA 94107
This website and its database is stored on virtual server machines by Blue host
Bluehost – Endurance International Group
10 Corporate Drive, Suite #300
Burlington, MA 01803
Main Phone Number
U.S.(toll-free) (888) 401-4678
International +1 801-765-9400
Marketing & Analytics
We use Google Analytics service to measure traffic and user behavior on our website. Our Google Analytics code is configured to anonymize user IP addresses. So your personal IP address is not collected by Google.
If you’d like to opt out of tracking by Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
We may collect or obtain your Personal Information from third parties who provide it to us. This may include referral sources; social network sites or services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
If you use a third party connection or log-in (e.g., Facebook Connect, Twitter, or Google+) to access our services, create a membership or profile on any part of the Services, access our content or forward our content to another person, platform or service, we may also receive your username or email address for those third party services or other information available about you or collected from you on those services.
Please note that we are not responsible for the information you volunteer about yourself in the discussions in certain public areas of the Services, such as forums, blogs, wikis, chat rooms, private messages, message boards or other publicly accessible interaction, or information that you choose to make public in your member profile or other areas of the Services that allow users to upload or post content.
We discourage users from posting such Personal Information in this fashion. You can change your publicly available information at any time via your profile page.
To request removal of your Personal Information from these areas, please contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know we are unable to do so and why.
How we secure your data?
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username / e-mail and password secret.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can reach us via our contact form.
Last modification was made 24/06/2022